It cannot communicate with your computer and is unable to receive the data to print. There are several possible reasons your printer is displayed as Offline. In most cases, the problem is easy to fix, as long as you know where to look. Here’s why your printer is offline, and how to get it online and printing again. Step 3 In the next section, select your operating system version to get the latest correct driver. Once you have chosen the operating system, click to download the driver under the ‘Driver’ heading. If any errors occur during the firmware update, see the Related FAQs at the end of the page.
You can also enable it by clicking on the driver and selecting enable on the top of the window. If you do not have administrator access, and you suspect that any of your drivers are malfunctioning, it is best to contact IT support for help. The methods for accessing the drivers are similar for all the versions of Windows, with just a few variations. To access your drivers on Windows 10, follow the steps below. Normally, you must go into your printer’s preferences or properties to change various settings.
Not the answer you’re looking for? Browse other questions tagged windows-10driversprintermdt or ask your own question.
Additionally, some general insights help prevent frustrations during the process. In 2020, Microsoft separated driver updates from broader operating system updates for Windows in an attempt to reduce update bugs. That means that, while driver updates still happen, they are no longer connected to big Windows updates in the same way.
- Once you perform the above steps, the printer will be removed from your device.
- There are myriads of free driver updater Windows 10, 11, 8 or 7 tools available in the market but not every one of them can update the device drivers efficiently.
- That means that, while driver updates still happen, they are no longer connected to big Windows updates in the same way.
- After taking a close look at windows 11 HD 5650 driver pros and cons list, we can say that this is an all-in-one free driver updater software available in the current marketplace.
- You need to make sure that the publisher certificate is present in the Trusted Publishers certificate store (local computer) on your local server.
- This might make your printer unusable after upgrading to Windows 10.
Sometimes Windows will only distribute a “generic” version from Microsoft that eschews extra features. Access customized driver and software updates for your Intel hardware. After updates are found, you’ll get a notification at the bottom of the screen, where you can snooze it for a day if you’d rather look into the updates later.
How to Fix Printer Driver is Unavailable Error?
Hence, it is recommended to use a special software for updating drivers like Auslogics Driver Updater to save time and effort. This step is the fastest way to possibly restore your printer’s functionality when facing this error under discussion. Unlike earlier versions, Windows 10 doesn’t have backward compatibility with certain devices. If your printer happens to be one of them, your options are limited to downgrading your OS or getting a new printer. A printer that has fallen into disuse or underuse may also not work so well when put back in action.