It does fall into the same traps as other gaming phones, such as the battery is lacking, the camera is dull and hardware design is very much gamer-esque. The Red Magic 6S Pro is the closest contender to the Black Shark 4 Pro in the same price bracket. Getting your hands on one will set you back about $600 for the base 12GB/128GB model. You get a newer Snapdragon 888+ chip instead of Black Shark’s older SD 888 processor. It comes with an impressive 165Hz AMOLED display, a 5,000mAh battery, 65W fast charging, a 720Hz touch sampling rate, and one of the best cooling systems that I have ever seen.
Unsurprisingly, everyone wants to check powerful phones using the AnTuTu benchmark. After all, you have spent much to get that high-end gaming phone or the best camera phone. The competition these days is attaching a high-end professional… In terms of Wi-Fi, the Black Shark 4 is on a good level and is on par with other gaming phones thanks to Wi-Fi 6 support.
- The smartphone display matrix is based on Super AMOLED technology and has a screen diagonal of 6.7 inches.
- Good mobile networks must have a fast connection, use the latest technology, and adopt extra features to support the needs of users.
- It does fall into the same traps as other gaming phones, such as the battery is lacking, the camera is dull and hardware design is very much gamer-esque.
- If you already know that games install into the app drawer on Android by default, it can feel like relearning an unnecessarily obtuse way to access your content.
- Specifically, this new smartphone will have a total of 4,500mAh , a capacity perhaps somewhat reduced for a terminal of this type.
In Apex Legends Mobile, my game of the moment, I can shoot 5 times in a row with my semi-automatic rifle by pressing the “shoot” button only once. The 20 MP selfie camera here does so-so, passing in exposure and skin tones. The auto-beauty kicks in aggressively and almost any level of clarity got compromised with smudginess that can’t be saved with even studio lighting. It was a long, painstaking process for the sensor to focus on patterns and subjects, and after that, only to realize that the blurs were too aggressive for my liking, regardless of lighting conditions. We’re not using the Black Shark 4 for any serious photography anyway. The 6.67″ display is sleek and tall, plenty of screen real estate for all my gaming.
There are three color options to choose from, Shadow Black, Misty Grey, and Cosmos Black, and they’re all more or less monochrome, apart from a few light patterns. I received the Cosmos Black variant that’s a solid black shade, adorned only with the “S” logo and a triangular RGB light on the back. You’re clumsy with phones Another feature that you miss out on with stock ROMs the Black Shark 4 Pro is any kind of waterproofing to keep your handset protected – so bear that in mind while using it. Our review unit came in a black color, but there are other color options. The full selection is Shadow Black, Misty Grey, Cosmos Black, Dark Blue and Silver.